Your website is your business’s home on the Internet. Your piece of real estate on the world wide web. When visitors arrive on your website, you’d want them to feel as comfortable as possible, much like when welcoming visitors to your home or place of work. If they don’t speak your language, you’d rightfully make some attempt to bridge the language barrier and have a friend or colleague available to help them communicate in real-time.
The same can be said for your website, but it needs to go a step further.
You’ll need professional translations that are not only correct when it comes to terminology, tone and structure, but culturally-adapted to suit your target market and welcome them to your place of business online. Translation + Cultural Adaptation = Localisation.
We’re well-versed when it comes to one of the behemoths of website development, WordPress, and the localisation of their websites. Thanks to the plugin we have, we’re able to localise your WordPress website in five easy steps.
- Ensure you have the multi-site function enabled in the backend of your WordPress website. This function lets you turn your website into multiple language subsites. Web-lingo has expert developers who can access your website and configure multisite mode if required.
- Web-lingo will download our secure TMS (translation management system) plugin to the backend of your WordPress website.
- Web-lingo will create your project within our TMS.
- Via API, Web-lingo will sync your WordPress website to your project in our TMS and the system will automatically download the necessary files from your website for your project translation within our TMS, without compromising the content on your existing WordPress website.
- Web-lingo will localise, proofread and upload your website files seamlessly back to your WordPress website to create your translated language subsite. Our professional linguists will be able to proofread the translated site to check if any inconsistencies have occurred and make the necessary changes accordingly.
Our project teams and technical specialists are always on-hand to assist with any of the above requirements, should you need our help. It’s our way of ensuring your business is most welcoming to any foreign visitors to your website, and home, online.