We are proud to announce that Web-lingo is back in business as a Proudly South African company!
As of the end of May 2012, Sonette Hill, our CEO, resigned as CEO of Rubric South Africa and sold her shareholding in Web-lingo Holdings (Pty) Ltd t/a Rubric SA to the remaining shareholders. She is pleased to announce that during this sale she also acquired the name Web-lingo and her new company has started trading as of the 1 June 2012. Our mission is to build on our previous success and become the leading specialist translation agency in South Africa and one of the leading translation agencies in the world.
Our business promise is simple. Then again, all great ideas are. We aim to provide the most comprehensive and professional translation service around.
- We cover 85 languages, although it’s definitely more and we don’t want to run the risk of sounding arrogant, so we’ve settled on 85.
- We have more than 1000 translators available, notwithstanding our multitude of proofreaders, DTP artists and software developers to offer you a seamless translation service steeped in the forefront of both technology and customer service. We pride ourselves on our translation quality.
- Our customised technology allows us to collaborate with our translators in a secure, workflow-driven platform to deliver a service that is both timeous and cost-effective.
- Our translation memory means you own a linguistic database of all the content you’ve translated with us in the past, thereby reducing overall cost of translations and speeding up the process. The translation memory, along with a glossary, ensures consistent translations that are true to both the original content and context.
- Combined with our Project Managers boasting more than 25 years’ experience across a range of industries, from Advertising to Software and Website Development to sworn translations, we are more equipped to handle the most challenging of translation and localisation projects than ever.
We have successfully delivered some of the most innovative translation projects ever in the country, and we intend to push the envelope even further in the future. We would also like to announce our brand new website, www.web-lingo.com, is up and running at full tilt. We are so proud of our new site and now boast a live chat facility. When you visit, just click on the live chat icon on the bottom right of your screen and one of us will be available to answer any queries you may have. We’re taking Project Management and interactivity to the next level with this, and it means we’re available 24 / 7. The internet never sleeps, and now neither do we (well, almost). We can’t wait to hear from you.
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter, like our pages or start following us and we’ll keep you up-to-date with all the latest developments in the Web-lingo stratosphere. I’m sure there will be lots more to tell as we move further down the road towards becoming the leading translation company in the world. We’re back in business.
The Language People.