All content will have a certain amount of prevalent terms. Perhaps they are slogans, product names, company details, product descriptions etc.
By extracting these terms, or phrases, and pre-translating them before the bulk of the translation requirements occur, you can not only save on time, but vastly improve the translation quality you’ll receive.
- The first step is to extract all the prevalent terminology and/or phrases form the content requiring translation. Most TMS’s (Translation Management System) have this ability.
- Once the prevalent terms have been identified, it’s handed over to the team of professional linguists that will suggest translations for those words and/or phrases.
- The translated glossary can then be proofread by an independent team of linguists within the agency or handed over to the brand and/or company to approve.
- This is incredibly important, as once the glossary translations are approved by all parties, they can be used with confidence and committed to the TM.
- Glossaries can always be updated and thereby the TM’s can be updated, saving time, improving translation quality and ultimately making the process more cost-effective.
Until next time,
For more information, get in touch with Web-Lingo for 89 languages, a fast turnaround, a same-day quote and a personal service that is second to none.